We want you to
- Feel comfortable using our desktop websites and mobile sites.
- To Feel secure submitting information to us.
- Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this site.
- Know that by using our sites/interface you are consenting to the collection of certain data.
What information is, or maybe, collected from you?
We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server. It will also include computer-identification information obtained from “cookies,” sent to your browser from a web server cookie stored on your hard drive. We have assigned an IP address to your computer. Also, the domain server through which you access our service the type of computer you’re using the type of web browser you’re using.
We may collect the following personally identifiable information about you and not limited to on our website and mobile sites:
- Name including first and last name.
- Primary email address.
- Alternate email address.
- Mobile phone number and contact details.
- ZIP/Postal code.
- Financial information (like account or credit card numbers); and
- Opinions of features on our websites.
- Other information as per our registration process.
We may also collect the following information
- About the pages you visit/access.
- The links you click on our site.
- The number of times you access the page.
- The number of times you have shopped on our website or mobile site. You can terminate your account at any time. However, your information may remain stored in the archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
Who collects the information?
In what way we use your information?
We use your personal information to:
- Help us provide personalized features
- To provide the services requested by you
- Tailor our sites, applications to your interest
- To get in touch with you when necessary
- To preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
- Remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service from product offering, advertising, and editorial perspectives;
- Recognize your access privileges to our Websites, mobile sites
- Make sure that you don’t see the same ad repeatedly Help diagnose problems with our server
- Administer our websites, track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites/interfaces
To whom we will share your information?
We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you. We do not rent, sell or share your personal information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless:
- You have given us your permission by using our website
- To provide products or services you’ve requested
- Special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order, notices from legal authorities, or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your information?
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings. SPH reserves the right to send you certain service-related communication, considered to be a part of your SPH account without offering you the facility to opt out. You may update your information and change your account settings at any time.
Upon request, we will remove/block your personally identifiable information from our database, thereby canceling your registration. However, your information may remain stored in the archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes. At the time we collect that information we will notify you. Also, we will allow you to opt-out of having your information used for those purposes.
What security procedures are in place to protect information from loss, misuse, or alteration?
- To protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. For example, we share your information with respective personnel on need to know basis. The sole purpose of this is to complete the transaction and to provide the services requested by you. Also, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel.
- Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet or telecom or other network/s cannot be made absolutely secure. By using SPH, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this site.
While www.shethbooks.com strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, pricing or typographical errors may occur. Pricing of the products is subject to change without notice. www.shethbooks.com cannot confirm the price of a product until after you order. www.shethbooks.com shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that product. If there is an event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information unless the product has already been dispatched.
In the event that an item is mispriced, www.shethbooks.com may, at its discretion. Either we contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Unless your product has been dispatched, your offer will not be deemed accepted and www.shethbooks.com will have the right to modify the price of the product. And contact you for further instructions using the e-mail address provided by you during the time of registration, or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation.
In the event that www.shethbooks.com accepts your order the same shall be debited to your credit/debit card account. After payment processing, we will notify you by email. The payment may be processed prior to www.shethbooks.com dispatch of the product that you have ordered. If we have to cancel the order after we have processed the payment, the said amount will be reversed back to your credit/debit card account.
Fraudulent / Declined transactions
www.shethbooks.com and its associated acquiring bank or financial institutions reserve the right to recover the cost of goods, collection charges, and lawyers fees from persons using the Website fraudulently. www.shethbooks.com and its associated acquiring banks or financial institutions reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Website and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions.
Reviews, Feedback, Submissions
All reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted, or offered to shethbooks.com on or by this Website or otherwise disclosed, submitted, or offered in connection with your use of this Website (collectively, the “comments”) shall be and remain www.shethbooks.com property. Such disclosure, submission, or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to www.shethbooks.com. This includes all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the comments. Thus, www.shethbooks.com owns exclusively all such rights, titles, and interests. And this shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any comments.
What can we do with your comments, reviews, feedback, submissions?
www.shethbooks.com will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. www.shethbooks.com is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay you any compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Website will not violate this policy or any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or another personal or proprietary right (s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Website will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful/ Also, threatening, abusive, or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of ‘spam’.
www.shethbooks.com does not regularly review posted Comments but does reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any comments submitted to the Website. You grant www.shethbooks.com the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any comments you submit. Also, you are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any comments you make and you agree to indemnify www.shethbooks.com and its affiliates for all claims resulting from any comments you submit. www.shethbooks.com and its affiliates take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments submitted by you or any third party.
Limitation of Liability
We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages. These include but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible loss (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of
- The use of or the inability to use the service,
- The cost to obtain substitute services resulting from any transaction entered into on through the service,
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of your data transmissions,
- Statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or
- Any other matter relating to the service.